These are the terms and conditions to be followed when booking or purchasing any trip, tour or activity from Samuipedia.com.
- Tours, excursions or activity bookings cancelled less than 16 hours before the start will be charged at a rate of 90%.
- Tours, excursions or activity bookings cancelled less than 48 hours before the start will be charged at a rate of 60%.
- Tours, excursions or activity bookings cancelled more than 48 hours before the start will be charged at a rate of 25%.
- Transfer Service, Buses ( VIP or standard ) tickets – Boats tickets – Train ticket – Full moon ticket will be charged at rate of 100%. Not refunded.
- Private booking Tour or Transfer ( Speed boat, Car or Minivan: VIP or Standard ) and Visa Run non refundable.
- Hotel bookings cancelled 1 day before the check in date will be charged at a rate of 90%.
- Hotel bookings cancelled up to 10 days before the check in date will be charged at a rate of 60%.
- Hotel bookings cancelled more than 10 days before the check in date will not be charged.
- Failure to show up at your designated pick up location at the scheduled time for tours, excursions or activities will result in no refund. Customers staying in hotels and resorts must wait outside the hotel/resort lobby, not inside the lobby, your room or in the hotel restaurant.
You will not be charged for moving your tour or activity to another day (rescheduling).
A full refund will be given if you cancel your booking more than 24hrs before the scheduled pickup time of your tour. All cancellations must be made in person at one of our offices or by telephone (+66 (0)77-413-660, +66 (0)83-977-8857).
A full refund will be given if Samuipedia or the tour operators we use cancel your tour for any reason.
Tours are only cancelled due to weather conditions if it will affect the safety of our customers. Rain without the presence of strong winds or big waves will not result in cancellation as this does not affect the snorkeling, scuba diving, fishing or chartering conditions. If you cancel your tour due to weather conditions when the tour operator does not, you will receive no refund. Please bear in mind that the weather on Koh Samui does not necessarily represent the weather on other islands.
Tour programs are subject to change depending on local weather or water conditions. For example you may spend less or more time at a particular site or change sites due to the water conditions (e.g. rough waves, poor visibility).
We may also alter the schedule during busy periods to avoid overcrowding on the islands or in the restaurants.
The admission fees to the following islands are always included in our prices unless otherwise stated:
Ang Thong National Marine Park – Adult: 300 ฿, Child: 100 ฿
Koh Nang Yuan – Adult: 100 ฿, Child: 50 ฿
Tours, excursions & activities
- Samuipedia is not responsible for any loss or damage of personal belongings on any of our services.
- You are fully insured on all of the services we provide.
- We are officially licensed by the Tourism Authority of Thailand. TAT license # 33/05434.
- Everything that is included in the tour, trip or activity is stated on the relevant page. If you have any questions about what is included, please contact us at Samuipedia.
Boat tours (Koh Tao, Ang Thong Marine Park, around Koh Samui, junk boat cruise, scuba diving)
- Fins are not included in the snorkeling gear provided.
- In anything other than perfect water conditions, there may be ocean spray which comes inside the boat. You may get wet.
- Beach towels are not provided.
- Seasickness pills are provided free of charge. They must be taken 30 minutes prior to departure from Koh Samui and 30 minutes before your return to Koh Samui.
- The number of passengers on the boats vary depending on the size of the boat and the number of customers who book with us each day but is always within the limit the boat is licensed for, which is clearly visible on the side of the boat.
Koh Nang Yuan
Koh Nang Yuan is a private island. They have enforced some rules to protect and maintain the state of the island:
- Fins (flippers) are not allowed to be used in any circumstances. This is because people accidentally kick the coral breaking it.
- Plastic and glass bottles are not allowed to be taken on Koh Nang Yuan as people often leave them behind on the beach.
- You are not allowed to remove any coral from the snorkeling or scuba diving sites (dead or otherwise).
- Use of the sun beds / deck chairs and umbrellas are charged by Koh Nang Yuan management at a rate of 50 Baht each.